Can you guess how we’re starting this month on the blog? With another beautiful blogger who has decided to grace us with her presence and 5 amazing recipes for natural hair. Let’s meet Miranda of flatironpro.com
Hi Miranda, can we get to know you?
Hi guys. My name is Miranda, and I am a professional hairstylist based in New York. I have been in the fashion industry for the past 10 years and have been graced to work with the some of the top ranking professionals in the field. For the latest information on hair products, styling tips and more, check out Flat Iron Pro
5 Amazing Natural Recipes For Natural Hair
Hair is an important part of the persona that an individual exhibits. Long beautiful tresses, wavy, curly or kinky hair textures all look beautiful and manageable, but there goes a lot of time and money for its maintenance. Hair care these days is very expensive and the various products used to straighten or curl hair leave a hefty dent on one’s pocket.
The African American people have lovely black shiny hair which however beautiful they look in its natural, braided or curly form takes a lot of time and efforts for its maintenance.
Hair salons, studios, and parlor though can make your hair look fabulous in no time, but it all comes at a cost. So, why spend that money there when you can take care of that beautiful thick black hair at home with some easy ingredients available all over the house.
One of the most faced hair issues is dryness of the hair and the scalp which leads to dandruff further resulting in hair fall.
Don’t fret as there is a home remedy right in your kitchen to get rid of dandruff right away.
Natural Remedies for Dandruff:
• All you have to do is make a mixture by adding three tablespoons of cooking oil with a tablespoon of lime and apply it on your scalp and leave it for around an hour and then wash it off. The acidity present in the lime will help kill the bacteria and wash dandruff off. You can repeat this every week for a month to let that flakiness vanish forever.
• Another way to keep dandruff away is by applying curd or yogurt on the hair; it too helps in keeping dandruff away and helps them retain their moisture. Washing your hair too often leads to loss in the moisture content present in the hair which can damage your hair. Washing them too often, say once in 7 to 9 days is a good bet. But if you feel the need to wash them more often than all you can do is dilute shampoo with water, the ratio being 50/50.
Hair packs and spas cost a fortune outside, and those also contain a lot of chemicals which might give the hair a temporary boost but the effect will fade away soon, and you will have to make a visit to the salon soon.
So here are few packs you can make at home just by adding or subtracting a few basic things that are readily available.
Make Hair Packs at Home:
• Banana and honey are not just to eat, all you have to do is mix one banana with an egg and with 3 to 4 tablespoons of honey, milk, and olive oil and apply this mask on your hair twice a week to keep your hair well moisturized and nourished. Egg being high in protein can also be used in making hair masks. Egg white being high in enzymes can be used for oily hair whereas a whole egg is good for normal to dry hair.
• For oily hair take an egg white or 2 depending on the hair growth and length and add few drops of lemon juice to avoid the pungent smell of the egg, wear a shower cap and leave the mask on for 20 minutes then wash it off with water followed by a mild shampoo. In the case of normal to dry hair replace the white with a whole egg. You can try this mask on once every month.
Who doesn’t like to have shiny hair??? Not that tedious if you combine the right ingredients at home.
Natural Remedies for Shiny Hair:
• All you have to do is use aloe vera, egg yolks, and olive oil to make your pack. Heat the oil for few seconds and add 3-4 tbsps of aloe vera and egg yolk and apply this pack for 8 to 10 days straight.
• You can also make a simple conditioner at home by mixing two tablespoons of mayonnaise and half a mashed avocado.
You can even lighten your hair color in your kitchen.
Here is the natural remedy for that:
• All you have to do is let two tablespoons of chamomile tea steeped in a hot mug of water for around 2 hours. After taking a shower and blotting your hair just pour the chamomile water on your hair and you have your hair lightened. Do this anytime you want a new look.
What last advice would you give to other naturals out there?
Eat well, sleep sound, stay happy and wake up to gorgeous hair just by trying these home remedies. Good luck guys and remember that healthy living is the key to healthy head of hair.
Thank you so much Miranda for your amazing post.
I’m also for diy recipes as a young natural because of the cost of natural hair products and salons so I’ll definitely be trying out some of these.
Did you enjoy this?
For more great content by Miranda on everything from how to avoid heat damage to great flat iron reviews, check out her site Flat Iron Pro and show her some love.
Happy new month from the Miranda and I 😄!
What is your favorite Diy recipe for your natural hair?