Easiest bun ever? Well I think except putting your hair in a ponytail & wrapping it around the base but…..natural hair & ponytails (not puffs) don’t always agree & if your ponytail is tiny & short,the bun will be tiny too………so ladies, we’re gonna improvise with our beloved old faithful puffs!
This post has been long awaited since I gave the gist in my post Big bun sunday . I assure you that the wait was worth it.
This is a very quick natural hairstyle. This bun is very simple and can be done anywhere. The key to this hairstyle is the size of your puff. If your hair is short, you might want to make the puff smaller. Let’s see why in the tutorial below.
Simple natural hair bun tutorial
Tools: Elastic band (not rubber band) and bobby pins.
1) Put your hair in a puff. Either a front, side or center puff.
2) Gather the ends of your hair, roll, tuck & pin with a bobby pin in the middle.
3) Add more bobby pins if necessary & gently raise up the bun for volume.
You can also gently shape the bun with your hands.
Go forth & be fabulous!
What are you waiting for? Grab a band & bobby pins, attempt this style & send me pics & your name/social media names to email@example.com & get them featured right here!
1) On hair smaller than mine above, make the puff smaller so you’ll be able to gather your ends.
2) For a more sleek look, lay your edges by lightly spraying water or a leave in & applying a styling gel or curling cream. Also see my post How to make a simple curling pudding
3) Moisturize your hair before doing this hairstyle especially if you are doing it as a protective style.
I LOVE buns! Big buns especially. I discovered this bun by accident one day in a hurry to arrange my hair on the way to visit someone with my family. My hair was in a Puff & while I was trying to pin it down, I saw the potential of a bun. Can’t forget that day cause buns are now my to go styles & last resorts.
Buns are beautiful and versatile for almost any occasion & outfit and even 4c naturals can rock this hairstyle. You can jazz it up by adding twists, a bandana, hair clip etc. I’m even rocking a big side bun & bandana currently.
Don’t forget to share this with your natural & relaxed friends, buns are for everyone. Have a great hair week y’all!
What is your to go hairstyle? And how do you achieve it?