You might have heard of refrigerating your conditioner on wash day to seal hair cuticles and give your hair shine.
You might also have heard that rinsing your hair with cold water reduces frizz and lays down your hair’s cuticles too.
Well these are mostly for wash days because we can’t always saturate our hair with cold water or conditioner especially if we are wearing an hairstyle and just need to add life, shine or fight frizz.
This is where refrigerating your leave in conditioner comes in and you will just use it as you usually do.
5 benefits of refrigerating your leave in conditioner
1) Gives shine to dull hair.
2) Gets rid of frizz.
3) Refreshes your curls/coils on humid days.
4) Lays down your hair’s cuticles.
5) Revives lifeless hair by adding volume.
All these are added benefits to what your leave in conditioner already does which is moisturizing your hair.
More Dry Hair Tips
If your hair dries out easily;
1) Add an humectant to your regimen like glycerin, honey or aloe vera gel or juice.
2) After moisturising, seal your hair with a hair butter like Shea butter, avocado butter, cocoa butter etc.
For more dry hair tips, the dry hair section of my blog has lots of helpful topics to help you understand what causes dry hair, how to stop it and more.
Have you refrigerated your leave in before? What was your experience?